Two Separate Sub Boxes - Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participants list

subieflows

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have two separate Kicker compR loaded enclosures, both 2 ohms 500 rms. I currently have one set up and am looking for a new amp to wire up the other, looking around i can't find anyone talking about how to wire this considering its an enclosure, i was wondering how they would be set up using a mono amp, or would i need a 2 channel? any help is appreciated thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two separate Kicker compR loaded enclosures, both 2 ohms 500 rms. I currently have one set up and am looking for a new amp to wire up the other, looking around i can't find anyone talking about how to wire this considering its an enclosure, i was wondering how they would be set up using a mono amp, or would i need a 2 channel? any help is appreciated thanks.
What exactly are you asking/trying to do? 

If I read that correctly which it makes no sense are you planning on running 2 different amps to push your subs? 

I would like one amp to push both subs but considering there both 2 ohms i don't know how to wire them correctly since there separate boxes, if there is a correct way? sorry i don't know much about this stuff. 

Reading that again i did word it very weird lol..suggestions on an amp would also help looking to spend no more than 450$ but less is better

What exactly are you asking/trying to do? 

If I read that correctly which it makes no sense are you planning on running 2 different amps to push your subs? 
i didn't realize i had to quote you, but as i said above want to run both subs off the same amp just not sure how to do it, sorry for the confusion 

I would like one amp to push both subs but considering there both 2 ohms i don't know how to wire them correctly since there separate boxes, if there is a correct way? sorry i don't know much about this stuff. 
I used to run two separate boxes for years on a pair of subs for some room in a hatch and even in a reg trunk ect.You just need to wire both to a correct final load at the amp.Pull one sub and take pic so we can see if it is a DVC4 ohm sub or a SVC 2 ohm sub for each sub.There are wiring options, to run at a 2 ohm final load wired correctly or at a 1 ohm load correctly. Kicker puts SVC 4 ohm and SVC 2 ohm subs in theyre enclosures alot.

Reading that again i did word it very weird lol..suggestions on an amp would also help looking to spend no more than 450$ but less is better
https://soundqubed.com/product/s1-1250/

This would be plenty of power and head room for those subs and be a great amp for any future sub upgrades, and run cool enough and effortless at 40-60% on those subs. There are several other options out there for the money, that other can recommend.Running at a 2 ohm final load, you can utilize a 2-4ch amp and bridge/run mono in most cases at a 2 ohm load depending on the amplifier. Some four ch,amps you can run mixed stereo/mono loads as well

i didn't realize i had to quote you, but as i said above want to run both subs off the same amp just not sure how to do it, sorry for the confusion 
Ahhhh, you could run a 2 channel or a mono amp most mono amps have 2 sets of speaker inputs summed to 1 channel. These days there is not really advantage or disadvantage over either it’s just what your budget and power preferences. 

We could suggest dif amps all day but need to know more info like model subs, car they are in, music preferences, factory kicker enclosures? Ported or sealed?

MattinMO said:
Ahhhh, you could run a 2 channel or a mono amp most mono amps have 2 sets of speaker inputs summed to 1 channel. These days there is not really advantage or disadvantage over either it’s just what your budget and power preferences. 

We could suggest dif amps all day but need to know more info like model subs, car they are in, music preferences, factory kicker enclosures? Ported or sealed?
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_108697_Kicker-CompR-VCWR122-43VCWR122.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping-campaign-goal-optimized-car-audio-accessories&installation=&utm_keyword={keyword)&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw5_fBRCSARIsAGodhk9bc6fWO_ijy5hxszODmgrrQDHbYYLwGc9sWMfxwKt7WW2WowfOJlwaAhHFEALw_wcB 

I have two of these, i like lots of bass typically listen to rap. I upgraded door speakers and tweeters and now they drown out just 1 sub. they are sealed 2 ohm dvc thanks

audiobaun said:
I used to run two separate boxes for years on a pair of subs for some room in a hatch and even in a reg trunk ect.You just need to wire both to a correct final load at the amp.Pull one sub and take pic so we can see if it is a DVC4 ohm sub or a SVC 2 ohm sub for each sub.There are wiring options, to run at a 2 ohm final load wired correctly or at a 1 ohm load correctly. Kicker puts SVC 4 ohm and SVC 2 ohm subs in theyre enclosures alot.
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_108697_Kicker-CompR-VCWR122-43VCWR122.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping-campaign-goal-optimized-car-audio-accessories&installation=&utm_keyword={keyword)&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw5_fBRCSARIsAGodhk9bc6fWO_ijy5hxszODmgrrQDHbYYLwGc9sWMfxwKt7WW2WowfOJlwaAhHFEALw_wcB

i have two of these... there 2 ohms each and I'm almost positive there DVC

Idstill pull them and take a pic of the rear of the sub to be certain.Kicker enclosed subs could possibly be a SVC 2 ohm sub rather than a DVC sub. They do these to save on building/funds on loaded enclosures

Pull the subs.. takes like ten minutes to be sure with a Phillips head screw driver for each enclosure and take a pick of each magnet/rear of the sub and post for us to see, so we do not give wrong information on wiring methods or an improper final ohm values, and can recommend from our experience

Pull the subs.. takes like ten minutes to be sure with a Phillips head screw driver for each enclosure and take a pick of each magnet/rear of the sub and post for us to see, so we do not give wrong information on wiring methods or an improper final ohm values, and can recommend from our experience
I couldn't get them out of the enclosure without breaking them, but i did some looking around 100% positive they are dual voice coil...so how would i go about wiring in general? still haven't picked out a specific amp yet but a mono amp is looking the best rn.

The cheaper subs made by kicker are single voice coil, but Comp Rs and higher quality only make dual voice coils for the sub i have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.