Sign in to follow this  
TomMaverick56

What brands are people running nowadays??

hi... been easily 10 years disconnected from playing with cars in general, recently retired in sunny thailand and would love to go back to tinkering and doing stuff with audio. Now it's not like all brands are available here when compared to the UK... but there are a few

I'm so lost hah. I ofc know all the OGs from the 70s onwards but some of them are now chinese owned? A/D/S used to be the shit now not so sure according to some sources.

I was looking on the pinned threads but theyre all 2011 and so on... googled car audio brands only some forums with also older info and this https://gear4wheels.com/car-audio-brands-list/ monstruous list I haven't fully gone through yet.. I definitely don't know like... 50% of the brands on it..

I used to run the "posh" stuff, morel, focal etc... seems like those guys have kept their quality up though. 

thanks for the tips

TM.

10 years ago I was running SSA equipment, still am. ;)

car_back.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

~~ SSA Dcon / Icon / Xcon ~~

TeamSSAudio.com ~ SSA Forums ~ SSA MySpace ~ SSA Facebook Group ~ SSA Facebook Page ~ SSA Youtube

====================================================

CarAudio-Forum.com ~ HomeAudioForum.net

CarAudio.com mod(original)

10 hours ago, TomMaverick56 said:

hi... been easily 10 years disconnected from playing with cars in general, recently retired in sunny thailand and would love to go back to tinkering and doing stuff with audio. Now it's not like all brands are available here when compared to the UK... but there are a few

I'm so lost hah. I ofc know all the OGs from the 70s onwards but some of them are now chinese owned? A/D/S used to be the shit now not so sure according to some sources.

I was looking on the pinned threads but theyre all 2011 and so on... googled car audio brands only some forums with also older info and this https://gear4wheels.com/car-audio-brands-list/ monstruous list I haven't fully gone through yet.. I definitely don't know like... 50% of the brands on it..

I used to run the "posh" stuff, morel, focal etc... seems like those guys have kept their quality up though. 

thanks for the tips

TM.

A/D/S/ exists in name only nowadays. The once awesome brand is still being manufactured, but its by a chinese company and its garbage now. Morel and Focal are still great brands, youll just pay through the nose for them and unless youre going for mega sq, its not necessary. The brands people use today is very different than it was even as few as 10 years ago. Are you starting from scratch? I mean to say what are you looking to buy? Deck, amp, sub, speakers, wires, the whole lot?

• Like 1

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

10 hours ago, TomMaverick56 said:

recently retired in sunny thailand

The bigger question is what is even available to buy there or is money not an object and you'll just pay horrendous shipping costs to get whatever you like from USA?

10 hours ago, hispls said:

The bigger question is what is even available to buy there or is money not an object and you'll just pay horrendous shipping costs to get whatever you like from USA?

No doubt bruh. Op, hit up your local shops and compile a list of what they have available and what's available online. That'll help us considerably for letting you know what to get. Here in the good ol USA, we have whatever we want provided the dinero is available for it lol

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this