What brands are people running nowadays??

Participant count
  • Participants list

TomMaverick56

CarAudio.com Newbie
hi... been easily 10 years disconnected from playing with cars in general, recently retired in sunny thailand and would love to go back to tinkering and doing stuff with audio. Now it's not like all brands are available here when compared to the UK... but there are a few

I'm so lost hah. I ofc know all the OGs from the 70s onwards but some of them are now chinese owned? A/D/S used to be the **** now not so sure according to some sources.

I was looking on the pinned threads but theyre all 2011 and so on... googled car audio brands only some forums with also older info and this https://gear4wheels.com/car-audio-brands-list/ monstruous list I haven't fully gone through yet.. I definitely don't know like... 50% of the brands on it..

I used to run the "posh" stuff, morel, focal etc... seems like those guys have kept their quality up though. 

thanks for the tips

TM.

hi... been easily 10 years disconnected from playing with cars in general, recently retired in sunny thailand and would love to go back to tinkering and doing stuff with audio. Now it's not like all brands are available here when compared to the UK... but there are a few

I'm so lost hah. I ofc know all the OGs from the 70s onwards but some of them are now chinese owned? A/D/S used to be the **** now not so sure according to some sources.

I was looking on the pinned threads but theyre all 2011 and so on... googled car audio brands only some forums with also older info and this https://gear4wheels.com/car-audio-brands-list/ monstruous list I haven't fully gone through yet.. I definitely don't know like... 50% of the brands on it..

I used to run the "posh" stuff, morel, focal etc... seems like those guys have kept their quality up though. 

thanks for the tips

TM.
A/D/S/ exists in name only nowadays. The once awesome brand is still being manufactured, but its by a chinese company and its garbage now. Morel and Focal are still great brands, youll just pay through the nose for them and unless youre going for mega sq, its not necessary. The brands people use today is very different than it was even as few as 10 years ago. Are you starting from scratch? I mean to say what are you looking to buy? Deck, amp, sub, speakers, wires, the whole lot?

The bigger question is what is even available to buy there or is money not an object and you'll just pay horrendous shipping costs to get whatever you like from USA?
No doubt bruh. Op, hit up your local shops and compile a list of what they have available and what's available online. That'll help us considerably for letting you know what to get. Here in the good ol USA, we have whatever we want provided the dinero is available for it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.