Silverado double 12in subwoofer seat box

Participant count
  • Participants list

Branno91bf

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm in the process of getting a seat box constructed for a Sundown SA 12 I have from another set up. I'm having a custom made box constructed for this build of course. I would like to upgrade the 12 to either a Soundqubed HDX 12 or the new 2018 SSA Icon 12. The person who is building will modify the cutout for my upgrade later. I would like to know should I go with SA 12 or go with the other 2 subs and which one. This is my first time going with one subwoofer and this also my first truck. My last set up was a dual SA 12 in a custom box in a chevy impala.

The SSA icon will prolly be a better all around subs on 12-1500w than the soundqubed hdx

That said the sundown da series is very nice for their power class. They can get quite loud and can sound very good.

But you arent going to continuously push over 1kw yo it and have it last. Head room sure but actually using 1kw will heat the coils.

Get 2 designs made up one for the sa and one for the icon then split the difference and model both subs in the middle ground enclosure. I'm betting on a middle ground enclosure you wont lose much with either Sub and you can run the sa you have now and upgrade later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.