Stereo shuts off

Participant count
  • Participants list

Tbull

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok so here it is I’m stumped, pulled out old unit (some functions wasn’t working) installing a new stereo and it all works until I plug in the antenna and the stereo shuts off. Of course with out the antenna no stations so basically the BT and AUX in but no stations without antenna. Never seen this before read another post about the exact opposite. Tried extra grounds but still shuts off when I plug in antenna. ( even bought new antenna and lead.

The reason the opposite sometimes happens is that HU can find ground through the antenna.  I've never heard of this one.  Is the head unit new?  A reputable brand?

Its possible that the antenna base isnt grounded properly. what vehicle is it? Make and Year model?What new HU installed?Need a little more info.

Ok so here it is I’m stumped, pulled out old unit (some functions wasn’t working) installing a new stereo and it all works until I plug in the antenna and the stereo shuts off. Of course with out the antenna no stations so basically the BT and AUX in but no stations without antenna. Never seen this before read another post about the exact opposite. Tried extra grounds but still shuts off when I plug in antenna. ( even bought new antenna and lead.
yes it is a new stereo it is a Dual brand model WCP365BT (marine stereo) I'm replacing a stereo in my recently purchased 06 Yamaha rhino side by side. the stereo that was in it was a marine stereo but some of the functions wasn't working.

it is a Dual brand
Might just be a dud.  Those bottom of the barrel brands are known for poor reliability and quality control.

This sounds just so unusual.  Do you have a DMM?  Can you confirm that you still have +12 at the constant and acc power to the head unit after you connect the antenna?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.