My Condensator stopt? Let's talk about that!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jack Stuivenberg

CarAudio.com Newbie
First!, Sorry I know this is not an AMP question but I could not find a better topic section than this 1

So my condensator stopped? 

Let me explain.

I just installed everything that I used to have in my old car, I brought a new radio a good quality pioneer.

After installing everything I took it for a drive and damn it was going loud! the lows where mad as hell it was so nice! and then after a really heavy bass drop and the volume way to high up, it all stopped working.

the radio was on but no sound, I restarted the car (clipping safety light) maybe it will reset the light if it would be on..(did not check)... Restarted still nothing! I was getting worried now, I checked everything! the 2 AMPS where just on? so what is happening here? I looked at my condensator and I was like oh hell no! and everything was flashing and stand still at a steady 0.00 Volts the power cable was still connected and the fuze was also still fine! so i think i broke my condenser? I unplugged the power cable (safety) and slowly the condesator died. have not yet tried to just hook it back up.

So in short

DD redline 1000RMS hooked to a 1ohm 900RMS amp

1 Farad condensator

How did I break this! even better is it even possible to break it in this way?

every help is highly appreciated, gonna buy a new condensator with this information tonight.

Greetings from the Dutch!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.