Aero Port size / Port noise

ZEROohms

Hello,

I'm looking to build another enclosure for my GMC crew cab, since I've been experiencing alot of port noise with my current enclosure. Due to the lack of space (located center console) I'm thinking an aero port will be the best.

I have a gross volume of 1.55 cu.ft. 

Subwoofer - RE Audio SX10

Amp - Boston Acoustics GT-2200 (900w @2 ohms)

I'm wondering if i should go with a 3" or a 4" aero port. It seems like the 3" would be the more reasonable option for the space, ~12" port length when tuned to 32hz, as opposed to the ~24" port length with the 4" tuned to 32hz. 

With this box, I do not want to experience any port noise. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Brian

This is the current box, I would like the new box to stay within the same footprint. 

Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 10.15.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 8.58.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-09-07 at 8.34.53 PM.png

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
With a flared port, the box will be noticeably smaller than the one you currently have.  Whenever I make a ported box, and spacing is limited, I use flared ports instead of the conventional slotted port design. You should be fine with a single 3" port.  

http://www.psp-inc.com/tools2.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.