Kicker Subwoofer Removal

Swampworks

CarAudio.com Newbie
My son had a Kicker 12” CompR that went up in smoke. It was one of the ones in their prefabbed preassmbled enclosures. Id like to reuse the enclosure. What is the best way to get the sub out? Doesn’t appear to be any screws, at least visible.

Help please!

Post pics?
Maybe this pic will help.

20181104_092636.jpg

I hope you didn't destroy your sub by trying to pry it up with a screwdriver like people have suggested. Kicker Comp R prefab boxes don't have a trim ring (at least in my experience, and I've owned several different models of their prefabs), the rim is actually part of the sub. So don't take any pry tool to it! Instead, all you have to do is lift up these sticky tabs around the edge, revealing the screws (there are 4 "sticky tabs" total going around edge). Couldn't be simpler, and comes right out. Look at the picture I will include from when I swapped out my blown sub with the same enclosure and you will see one of the sticky tabs I'm talking about on the top left portion of the subwoofer rim, by my hand. Hope this helps others too.  

Thanks,

-Free

20190606_152800.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.