Advice Needed on Frequency/Spectrum Analyzing Adjusting Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnnyyukon

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I just installed a 12" Kicker CompVR 43CVR122 in a 1.8 cu. ft. ported box with a 500 RMS amp.  

It's not winning any trophies, but I love it, oh god how I've missed that bass......anyway....

So I'd like to analyze the speakers (focus on sub).  I have a Macbook Pro (no PC :(   but do have Parallels) and a lot of microphones but probably not a specific car audio measurement mic, nor am  I going to get one.

I've got just about every audio plugin, metering, izotope, spectrograms/graphs, sound fields, Waves, Levels, Loudness, etc.  

I used a omnidirectional mic (samson gomic) to record a variety of test tones and songs (I like rap, deep bass electric).   Seems, just by ear, there's some clipping at 30HZ,  And I'm confused at what to adjust:  Level (most obvious), Bass Boost, Subsonic (15HZ-55Hz), LP (50HZ-250Hz).

Maybe this is a lot to ask in one thread, but basically trying to tune the sub  for max power and these are the tools I have.  I also have other mics (Samson Meteor Mic, one came with car receiver, etc.)  

Now, maybe these mics all **** for this purpose and maybe recording and analyzing audio isnt' even necessary but I guess that's why I'm posting.  I will say I'm definitely interested in the analyzing part if for nothing but curiosity.

Ok, out, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.