2011 Megane with poor radio signal

Participant count
  • Participants list

Adam Bart

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, I got a 2011 Megane about 3 months ago and it has always had a problem with the radio in that the signal is really bad, can't get most radio stations and if I do they lose signal as I move. I have replaced the antenna base unit, and tried it with a different radio but the problem persists. Only other thing I can think of is the antenna cable, but thats pretty unlikely right?

Any help would be appreciated, as taking it to Renault is going to cost a fortune.

Thanks

possible the car has an FM antenna amplifier and that could have an issue or a blown fuse.

has the previous owner done any wiring inside?  if they messed around inside the vehicle wiring, they could have disconnected power to an external amplifier.

I was under the impression that the aerial base unit acted as an amplifier as it has some circuitry inside but no fuse. I replaced it as I was told it was the most likely culprit, dont think any electrical work has been done as far as I can tell.

Its a bit of a head scratcher, I am willing to replace the antenna canle between the base unit and the radio, but its an awkward job and dont really fancy it if its not going to fix the problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.