My phone is louder then my speakers when it’s cold outside!

Participant count
  • Participant list

MacKenzie Seward

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello! I have a 2004 Saturn ion with a stock amplifier and two 8’s with boxes (in the trunk) hooked up as rear speakers. We did this thinking it would help the sound quality but it didn’t help. When the weather is cold, anything under 60 degrees, my speakers in my car get quieter then my phone speaker. I can barely hear it when the car is moving. But if i were to drive the car for about 45mins to an hour it would be almost full quality. I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas about this. 

Hello! I have a 2004 Saturn ion with a stock amplifier and two 8’s with boxes (in the trunk) hooked up as rear speakers. We did this thinking it would help the sound quality but it didn’t help. When the weather is cold, anything under 60 degrees, my speakers in my car get quieter then my phone speaker. I can barely hear it when the car is moving. But if i were to drive the car for about 45mins to an hour it would be almost full quality. I’m wondering if anyone has any ideas about this. 
is it just the 8"s that are quiet when cold or all speakers?

It’s all of the speakers including the 8’s. It was happening before we put the 8’s in. We did that hoping it would help but it didn’t. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.