Batcap for a 4-Channel Amp?

Hi. I have an XStatic Model 400 Batcap that I use for my sub woofer amp. I'm about to get a higher power 4-channel speaker amp (150W per channel x 4). Would this amp now need to run through a cap?
Isn't the batcap just in parallel with your car's battery?   4x150 amp shouldn't draw much current so if you're OK now you should be OK when you add that.

The 4-channel isn't installed currently. Right now I just have a 2 channel amp powering two Alpine Type R's at 75W a piece. Everything is fine with it, but this new amp will be twice the power per channel and two more channels used.

I have a 2006 Acura TL. I'm doing the big 4 (grounding the alternator casing too) before the amp gets installed. Also I have a high output alternator that puts out 155A at idle.

If the car wasn't running wouldn't there be a voltage drop already since most car batteries can't discharge fast enough to meet the instant demand of an amp (mostly just subwoofer amps)?

Even if you had a deep-cycle battery (which I don't) batteries take about a second to discharge. What batcaps are designed to do is be that medium between the "slower" discharge of a real battery and the "quicker" demand of the amp. 

I like to listen to my music in my car parked sometimes with the engine off (to save gas), wouldn't voltage dropping effect me then?

People have been listening to radios with cars off for centuries on just battery power no need to reinvent the wheel with some gimmicky Bat Cap. the bat cap is 12v a car battery is 12v so you are not gaining anything. Your bat cap lasts 5 minutes with a 37 amp draw (roughly 400 watts) which is not much, a solid deep cycle will outperform easily. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.