Amp not Powering Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

klova9

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello!

I'm installing a new subwoofer (Rockford Fosgate R2D2-12) and can't get it to run no matter what I do. I'm pretty sure I have the subwoofer wired correctly to the amplifier (as per the diagram in the subwoofer manual), and the impedance measures correct at the amp terminal (4 ohms).

My amplifier (ks-dr3005d) works with all my other speakers perfectly.

My stereo (KW-R920BTS) has 2 sets of line-output terminals (Front R/L and Rear/Sub R/L), but by amplifier has 3 sets (Front, Rear, Sub). I'm not sure how to connect these or what input mode to use (4 channel or 5 channel). 

I think the issue is either my line-output is wired incorrectly or some setting on my stereo is incorrect. I've tried troubleshooting extensively but I'm just not sure what to do now.

There are several items to check.

#1 - check you don't have the coils wired out of phase - the sub wouldn't move if that was the case but you'd still meter 4 ohms.   You can verify with a DMM and measure VAC output.

#2 - make sure the head unit outputs are properly configured.  The menu on the HU let's you assign the rear/sub outputs.  I assume you have the outputs set to rear so the front and rear speakers work.

#3 - the amp inputs are configurable so the sub channel can get the signal from the other 4 inputs (which it seems you need) so set it at 4ch.

g105DR3005D-l.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.