Try to Identity This White Noise In My Car

Participant count
  • Participant list

marker227

USA
Hey all,

I'm having some audio trouble within my car. I have a 2015 Lexus CT200H. I will list the exact equipment below. I am having a horrible hissing/static/white noise type of sound coming through my speakers. I can't figure out why it's happening. It also doesn't happen all the time. It's intermittent. I also can't figure out what aggravates the noise or influences it to change in any way. The noise does completely go away when I shut off the radio (obviously). The sound noise IS present with music, Bluetooth phone calls, etc. I am posting a video clip to this thread so you all can hear it for yourself. I'm also attaching how my system was wired in a diagram form.

1. Head unit: Kenwood DDX9704S.
  2. 5 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-v9
  3. Amp Speed Wire Kit - Conext Link MSC918-15
  4. Front Dash Speakers 3.5" Inch Evolution Series Coaxial Speakers JL Audio C2-350x
  5. Front Door Speakers 6.5” "Slim" Inverted Magnet Design Mid-Woofer CDT-Audio ES-6iM
  6. MiniDSP 2x4 (Digital Sound Processor) MiniDSP 700-124b
  7. RCA Wires 12’ 4000 Series 6 Ch. Interconnects Stinger SI-4612
  8. RCA Wires 3' 4000 Series 2 Ch. Interconnects Stinger SI423
  9. RCA Wires 3' 4000 Series 2 Ch. Interconnects Stinger SI423
  10. Rear Door Speakers 6" Inch Evolution Series Coaxial Speakers JL Audio C2-600x
  11. Subwoofer 10" JL Audio 8W3V3-4
I haven't tried unplugging the MiniDSP to eliminate things one by one.

One thing that is worth mentioning is the 5 Channel Amp is under the driver side seat. The MiniDSP and its power source brick is laying on top of it. The MiniDSP is also wired directly to the remote turn on wire coming directly off of the amp (it was a quick fix to a problem that was present at the time), I know it's kinda wrong).

If anyone has suggestions on what to do, I'd seriously appreciate it. This noise is killing me so badly!

View attachment 2018-10-24 17.18.35.mp4

wiring diagram.PNG

have you tried using grounding loop isolators on the rca plugs going into the dsp? it is considered a bandaid solution but i had that problem and it eliminated it. Check your ground connections also.

I haven't tried unplugging the MiniDSP to eliminate things one by one. 
That's the first thing I would suspect since everything else you have listed is very common and nobody is reporting problems.  Those Alpine PDX amps were a bit noisy Gen1 but I'm certain they've refined that a decade ago.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.