SQ/wiring question on budget speaker replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

1995Tercel
10+ year member

SW Utah
I have a 2000 Honda Insight, with four factory speaker locations. (rear, behind the seat speakers were a factory or aftermarket add on)

It has a pioneer deh-x9600bhs head unit, polk db651 6.5" door speakers, and I'm about to install Earthquake Sound SWS-6.5X shallow mount "subwoofers" in the rear speaker locations. There is very low clearance on the pass side, since the fuel filler neck is 2" behind that speaker location, so I thought I'd try the shallow mount.

My question is.. since the "subs" are very small, do they still benefit (overall sound quality wise) from being wired into the head unit as a subwoofer, and having a dedicated frequency range? Or do I just wire them into the headunit as normal speakers?

Thank you for your input.

It is most likely a waste of time putting those subs back there unless you built enclosures for them or completely seal the baffle for an IB set up.. Headunit power would not be anywhere near sufficient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.