Participant count
  • Participant list

picniick

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have questions about my setup for a 8w7. I like coming across real experiences or general help from anyone.

1.) So, Definitely getting a ported enclosed to Jl Audio Specs. With a 250w JL Audio Amp, or I was truly considering a Jx400/4D. Hard to choose because I don’t know if it will really make a difference using one or the other. I want as much bass as possible for this subwoofer, but I don’t want to over power it.

2.) Is an extra battery necessary for an 8w7?? If so, any suggested brands and/or set ups? I’m open to adding an extra battery because I own a BMW ‘02 330i, its a nice car but not that trust worthy right now. I plan on keeping my stock harmon Kardon setup because they bump as it is!

I have been out of the game for a while, not only that but I’ve never owned a w7 before... so any help is greatly appreciated! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Stock electrical should be able to support a few hundred watts amp just fine.  About the 1000W mark is where you start to look into electrical upgrades, and even then depending on your listening habits, stock with just a premium parts store AGM type battery should do the job.

The W7 could probably hang with a bigger amp though.   Warrantied up to 500W implies you should be able to run a 500W rated amp to it.  Might want to keep an eye on over excursion but having that little extra power on tap might come in handy.   JL 500/1 has always been a ballsy little amp (best selling amp of all time), can't vouch for the current models but I'd have high expectations if you don't mind the JL price tag.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.