I've been away from car audio for a while. I need a new deck, component set and 4 channel amp: BUDGET around $1,000

Participant count
  • Participant list

funandgames
10+ year member

wheelin' and dealiin'
Getting a new vehicle soon, possibly a 2011 Jeep Patriot but I've been too busy lately to make the drive and test drive it. Hopefully it'll still be there this coming up Friday, the earliest day I can check it out. I'm looking for a double din deck with bluetooth, set of components and a 4 channel amp with a budget of around $1,000. I already have a set of Hertz HSK mids for the rear doors. I'm looking for a nice component set up front that'll blend nicely with the mids in the back. It's been a while since I've been around car audio, I'm sure a lot has changed in the last few years so I need a refresher, LOL.I am looking at the Hertz Mille Pro set on Woofersetc.com as an option but if you think there's something better within budget then I'm definitely all ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't buy Hertz Mille Pros from WoofersETC. I returned the set I order from them. My issue was that they cut out every serial number on the packaging and speakers with a sloppy razor blade. They never mentioned this before ordering. How is that new unopened packaging? They also replaced the original serials with cheaply printed serials and covered up the cutouts with these fake serials. They stated that their distributor had to remove serials due to the low price and not adhering to the prices mandated by Hertz. I really do not care about the excuses being true or not. There is no manufacturer warranty and no way to confirm authenticity which is a deal breaker for me.

With that said, the speakers are amazing. I have MPK 165.3 in front, and MPX 165.3 in rear. Running the comps passive. Sound is excellent. I do have a ton of deadener though throughout the car. I lost 7 MPG from the additional weight from 3 layers of deadener.

The amp im using is the T400X4ad. Amp is rated at 100w RMS x4 @ 4ohm. Birth sheet has 132w RMS per channel.

$210-$350 for amp (manufacturer refurb or new)

$300-$500 for speakers (authorized dealer or other?)

Head unit, There are so many with the specs you require. I would most likely pick up a Kenwood or Pioneer for whichever was cheaper that met my needs/wants. 

IMG_20181020_094613.jpg

IMG_20181017_092724.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.