Kenwood DPX503BT -- Making call through BT problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

CodaMan

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just installed the Kenwood DPX503BT in my F-250 and almost everything seems to be working properly .. almost.  When I hold down the HU's TEL button to activate the Android phone's voice recognition and tell the phone to make a call, it makes the call but it doesn't come over the BT.  All other commands work just fine and go out over BT.  If I manually make a call from my phone it goes out over BT fine.  It also works properly if I make a call using one of the HU's presets, so it's only when making a call via voice recognition when it doesn't work properly.  Any ideas? 

How far away is your Mic from you?May be too far away from you
It's close, but that's not the problem.  It will accept the command and dial the phone, it just won't but the call over BT unless I hit the BT button on the phone dialer when it's dialing.  All other commands work as they should.

I can use my android blue tooth all day long trough any of my Kenwoods
Is that using the Kenwood's voice recognition to initiate the call?

I can receive calls and make calls using the memory presets with no problems.  It's only a problem when I long press the Kenwood TEL button and tell the phone to make a call.  It does make the call but leaves it on the phone's speaker until I hit the BT button on the phone's dial pad.

I'm using a Moto turbo on 6.0.1

I can receive calls and make calls using the memory presets with no problems.  It's only a problem when I long press the Kenwood TEL button and tell the phone to make a call.  It does make the call but leaves it on the phone's speaker until I hit the BT button on the phone's dial pad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.