Stupid Question-Mono Amp, More Terminals Than I Expected?

Participant count
  • Participants list

johnnyyukon

CarAudio.com Newbie
So my amp arrived  for my single dual coil 12 inch sub and I was expecting 1 negative output and 1 positive.  But there's 2 neg, 2 pos.

I'm guessing that's for the option of powering 2 speakers?  What do I do/use for just the one Subwoofer?  

Thanks, sorry, amatuer.  

71q3sctBRGL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just one channel.  Just two places to connect wires.  Use one, use both, doesn't matter.

If you connect to both pairs of terminals you're wiring parallel.  A 4 ohm sub on each output -- amp sees 2 ohms.

About every mono >500w has two outputs.

Pretty much what he said. The amp is split into a "2 ch amp" internally to offer the buyer/consumer more flexability with multiple subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.