¡911 Mid Bass Driver 411!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Deaner76

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am on the cusp of pulling the trigger once again on a set of speakers and this is my dilemma...

I am searching for an economical option for the highest quality speakers IN THE price range that I will now mention: (that was to deter any "haters" from throwing out that age old argument of "you get what you pay for" or "I've never heard the words SQ and 'cheap' used in the same sentence" or "this guy uses the f#*k out of some 'quotes' eh?" because I don't have time for that B.S. so be warned up front that I am choosing my words accordingly and I'm in too good a mood to hunt down some dickweed with a holier than thou car audio complex because let's be realistic... the only dude that looks up to you mr. inflated ego, is the 15 YEAR OLD DUDE!! and if you ask me that's just creepy!)

and yes I accidentally tabbed and hit enter so this posted early... What about it!!?? and that whole last paragraph was almost all in parenthesis! 

So I need some MIDBASS OR MID BASS DRIVERS. I need some speakers that will thump out the frequencies above what the sub in my trunk will do and I would like to do it for under or around a hundred dollars. I have a cheap pair of (GOOD SOUNDING BUT NOT ENOUGH MID BASS) Infinity 6.5 Primus series components in the front doors... and I have a small Kicker amp on them currently. The amp is the 125 watt kicker that ALSO is in the 100 buck range.. See a pattern here?! well I have a crisp hundred dollar bill burning a hole in my pocket.. nah, but I know it sounds that way.

I have a 12 inch SD3 Sundown in the trunk with one cubic foot of sealed enclosure and a pair of pioneer 4" door speakers still in the back doors. Those are the ones I'll likely replace with the "woofers" from the Infinity set. So I'm looking for 6.5" speakers. I've looked into the SSA Evil 6.5's, The Alpine S model, The MTX Road Thunder 8Ω speaker (which I'd have to get creative to wire them down to 4 and that would either take going mono or wiring them parallel with another speaker on each side and I've never done that so that is a good point of interest for me to ask there too.. Any ideas on that dilemma?

Ok there are a handful of other ones that I've looked at but you know what I'm getting at and I haven't had a chance to get out and listen to ANY systems in the last 20 years so I honestly can only go by numbers and graphs and other peoples reviews so I'm leaving it up to you guys so if you're not taking me seriously here please save your two cents for a piece of gum.

Oh yeah and the Ampere AA 6.5SM and the Ampere coaxial 6.5's are in the running for sure too! If anybody knows anything about those!

Speakers people... GO!

or the CT Sounds Strato or Meso series 6.5's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.