need amp for mids and highs budget minded

towncarblue
10+ year member

bx
i had a 2-channel amp , ppi phantom P600.2 connected to four 100w rms component speakers.

its going into protect mode as soon as it turns on. { I've had this amp for years }

i need a replacement. unfortunately, the prices for this amp skyrocketed. i paid around $100 

for this amp , now its hard to find and they want over $200 for it.

the other one ive seen is the ppi  black ice but i dont know how good they are

i have a budget of about  $150-$200 for a NEW amp. it could be two channel or four channel .

post suggestions

i disconnected all speakers and turned on the radio, the amp still goes into protect mode .

each speaker is 4 ohms, 

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the ohm load with them all connected....thats what we need to know... more than likely you had it wired to a lower ohm (parallel) than the amp could handle and fried it...and will likely happen again with a new amp unless you know your load

I run the U.S. Acoustics Barbara Ann 4 channel amp and I will wager it would out do the PPI amp you were using. It can be had for $219 brand new @ this link - Barbara Ann

Check it out, the link gives its specs. It's a large and somewhat heavy amp. I have beat mine to hell and back and it barely gets warm... even over 90 degrees outside.

left... 2ohm (4ohm + 4ohm)

right..... 2ohm(4ohm + 4ohm)

on a two channel amp

i have a separate amp for my subwoofer { works fine }

left... 2ohm (4ohm + 4ohm)

right..... 2ohm(4ohm + 4ohm)

on a two channel amp

i have a separate amp for my subwoofer { works fine }
load seems fine for amp...have you measured voltage at amp, checked your grounds, any loose connections....or f**k it and get a new amp or borrow someone elses and see what happens with it

i bought the Pioneer GM-D8604 . not bad at all. adjusted gain using a DMM .

i think this is louder. i can hear the voices/singing more clearly. had to adjust my old

eq band settings a bit on the highs.  i would recommend this amp to  friends

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.