Using A/V RCAs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoggyFries

So I needed to relocate my 2 ch [Pioneer GM-A5602] to the back on my jeep. This amp is powering my 5.25 Kicker roll bar speakers above me. Doing so makes my current RCA cables too short to reach the back of my headunit [Kenwood KMM-BT518HD]. I was digging around and found these nice monster cable RCAs but these are audio video RCAs so they have that third prong for video. 

My question is if I used these A/V RCAs to connect my amp to my head unit, would that third unused prong cause any noise inference or any other adverse effects?  

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is if I used these A/V RCAs to connect my amp to my head unit, would that third unused prong cause any noise inference or any other adverse effects?   
Not apart from taking up some space.  If they're 'shielded' cables of reasonable quality any of them are about the same as the next and having unused channels won't matter at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.