Hello i have a sq hds3.12 and sq 1250 gain at like 40% lpf at 40 and subsonic at around 40 all 0 gauge wire big 3 (knu bassik cca)box is small 1.1 cu ft box at about 40 hz prefab. I jus upgraded to the sq amp from a 500 watt db drive was decent. Question is i had no clipping with the db and now my sub clips idk y. I was thinking box was to small or the cheap cca wire or voltage it stays above 13 this is in 06 trailblazer any help os appreciated

Turn the ssf down to about 30hz and raise your lpf to 60hz. Right now you have no bandwith. Drop your gain all the way down and turn your head unit volume up to max listening slowly raise gain while playing music. If the bass starts to change sound not just get louder turn it down a little. A new box would have been a better investment over the amp. Custom built for your sub and vehicle.

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101

sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou

Trade with cf2004

6 minutes ago, dbjunior said:

Turn the ssf down to about 30hz and raise your lpf to 60hz. Right now you have no bandwith. Drop your gain all the way down and turn your head unit volume up to max listening slowly raise gain while playing music. If the bass starts to change sound not just get louder turn it down a little. A new box would have been a better investment over the amp. Custom built for your sub and vehicle.

Yea i made a box last month on paper wasnt to big in truck it was huge ened up being 3.6 at 31 hz i loved how it sounded jus sold it to get better amp plqn on building one nxt week box design from sq website 2.25 at 34hz but do u think it is box causing clipping

Its probably the ssf and lpf both being set at the same frequency. How is the sub clipping? Amps clip, subs just do what they are told.

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101

sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou

Trade with cf2004

Jus worded wrong my bad im a nephson

Wwjd

Edited by john_doe_318

Box is way too small.

SSF needs to be lowered.

LPF needs to be raised

Bass boost off

• Like 1

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

Ita complicated i had a old power acoustik 2600 at 1 ohm with this sub and box 3.6cu at 31 hz it slapped hard i turned amp all the way up really everything bass related up except bass boost and it was sooo loud now i thought brand new amp would be way louder than the power acoustk 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now