Sq hds312 sq1250 clipping

Participant count
  • Participants list

john_doe_318
10+ year member

Hello i have a sq hds3.12 and sq 1250 gain at like 40% lpf at 40 and subsonic at around 40 all 0 gauge wire big 3 (knu bassik cca)box is small 1.1 cu ft box at about 40 hz prefab. I jus upgraded to the sq amp from a 500 watt db drive was decent. Question is i had no clipping with the db and now my sub clips idk y. I was thinking box was to small or the cheap cca wire or voltage it stays above 13 this is in 06 trailblazer any help os appreciated

Turn the ssf down to about 30hz and raise your lpf to 60hz. Right now you have no bandwith. Drop your gain all the way down and turn your head unit volume up to max listening slowly raise gain while playing music. If the bass starts to change sound not just get louder turn it down a little. A new box would have been a better investment over the amp. Custom built for your sub and vehicle.

Turn the ssf down to about 30hz and raise your lpf to 60hz. Right now you have no bandwith. Drop your gain all the way down and turn your head unit volume up to max listening slowly raise gain while playing music. If the bass starts to change sound not just get louder turn it down a little. A new box would have been a better investment over the amp. Custom built for your sub and vehicle.
Yea i made a box last month on paper wasnt to big in truck it was huge ened up being 3.6 at 31 hz i loved how it sounded jus sold it to get better amp plqn on building one nxt week box design from sq website 2.25 at 34hz but do u think it is box causing clipping

Its probably the ssf and lpf both being set at the same frequency. How is the sub clipping? Amps clip, subs just do what they are told.

Ita complicated i had a old power acoustik 2600 at 1 ohm with this sub and box 3.6cu at 31 hz it slapped hard i turned amp all the way up really everything bass related up except bass boost and it was sooo loud now i thought brand new amp would be way louder than the power acoustk 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.