Sign in to follow this  
Rroark90

2 ct sounds meso 8s vs 4 skar ma 8s

Having a hard time deciding on subs for my 2015 extended cab Chevy wanting the loudest I can get for my budget which is around 500 bucks for the subwoofers going to run 1500-2000 watts stuck between 4 skar ma8s and 2 meso 8s also open to alternatives 

Neither 

Soundqubed hds3 or American bass vfl 8 or Sundown sa8,x8 or ssa fl8

everyone on here hates skar and ct sounds because of poor business practices 

My wife doesn’t know about my car audio addiction...shhhh

Those are both trash brands. Cant beat the Sundown SA-8s. I loved mine.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

How much space do you have for a box? Are you firm on 8's?

bought from MBROOKY, johnny law.Lulz, subzero, tc3k101

sold to mytrunkslamz , vitveet, cd6551, martiandancer31 (x2), pro-rabbit, whytellyou

Trade with cf2004

I really like the sa and the x but a little out of my price range I don’t have much space it’s going under the seat in a extended cab even with the 8s I’ll have to lift the seat 2 inches 

So should I do 4 vfl or 4 soundqbed or 2 fl8 or 2 sa I haven’t heard any of these subs in person I live in Wichita KS we just now got a new shop selling sundown and dd but all the prices are marked up

8 hours ago, Rroark90 said:

Having a hard time deciding on subs for my 2015 extended cab Chevy wanting the loudest I can get for my budget which is around 500 bucks for the subwoofers going to run 1500-2000 watts stuck between 4 skar ma8s and 2 meso 8s also open to alternatives 

The 4 8s will be louder the Tropo 8s claim higher RMS for less price but didn't check the actual specs 

I love CT and Skar I think it's great thing when we have these smaller companies bringing budget products to the world.

I run 2 Tropo 18s on a skar RP2k @ half ohm. The subs take it no problem but it hasn't been very long so that with a grain of salt.

Skar has some cool 6.5s $59.99 each 2 inch coil.

If you can spend $500 just get two SA-8s.

The trick is going to be airspace to go ported... myself, I'm planning on 2 F8L's on a 2k in 1.5 cubes ported tuned to 33hz. But mine is a crew cab. 18 crew cab sierra. But even with a 2" lift, I dont think I can fit 4 8s with proper airspace and port area. I can fit 3 8's though.

Excellent choice on the SSA F8L's.

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this