Do you think AudioQue changing their name hurt them?

DirtyDuzit

AZ
I remember when AQ was considered a great up n coming budget hobbyist brand. Then they switched to soundqubed and while they still have great products and good prices I see less of them and people kinda diss them.

I still think they're a great company making super solid subs at an amazing price.hell I ran two HDS 15's for years on about 2k they sounded great and I loved them.

I gotta think though if they went with a cooler name or didn't have to change theirs if they would be better off right now something about "soundqubed" sounds cheap and cheesy, AudioQue sounded cool.

I think they wanted to keep QUE in their name to try and save some brand recognition, I mean they didnt have a choice in the matter as they legally had to change the Audioque name...

I'm sure they were hurt in some sense of the matter, but I think as with most companies outsourcing work for cheaper labor & going to more "cost effective" parts is what hurts companies in the long run. Now their profit margins must increase else they wouldnt do it, so in our mind they're business may be not doing as good, but the bottom line states otherwise... 

But I still think they make a very good product and are 1 of if not the best budget brands. I just went from a Sundown SD3 12" to a SQ HDS3.1 12" & couldnt be happier, sub was cheaper and obviously I knew it was going to be louder, what I didnt expect was that I feel I didnt lose any accuracy or SQ, and in all actuality I feel as though I upgraded in every area... Now this probably has much more to do with the box change than the sub change, but I'm glad I made the switch...

I'm still breaking it in, only seeing 500-600 watts @4ohms and the thing is extremely loud... I cant imagine how loud it's going to be once I wire it down to 1ohm and feed it 1000+ watts and the thing is still stiff AF, very very pleased with both my HDS3.1 & my S1-1250 so far...

I don't think  the name change hurt anything.  People who knew who they were before heard about the name change and newcomers will still find them.  If anything it might have helped them shake some of the bad rep they had under the old name, they had a stretch where they were sort of known for iffy soft parts and not honoring warranty claims by saying subs "were not broken in". 

The brand has always been a strong value for consumers though.

Ive owned alot of AQ/SQ products. They have really been getting cheap lately.
Is the quality still there tho? I know you had a 7k amp but that's all I've seen you have. A lot of people want quality, and good CS as well as badass products. They do look cheap tho...like off the shelf units, slapping a diff brand on them. I think Jeffdachef has mentioned this.

Is the quality still there tho? I know you had a 7k amp but that's all I've seen you have. A lot of people want quality, and good CS as well as badass products. They do look cheap tho...like off the shelf units, slapping a diff brand on them. I think Jeffdachef has mentioned this.
The Korean amps I never had an issue with. Ive had a 1200, two 2200s, 3500, 7000, and 120x4. For subs I had 5 HDC3s and an HDS. The HDS went to a stamped steel basket and the coils on the newer HDC3s were pretty crappy. The component set I had from them the surround came unglued in about 6 months.  Really hoping the new HDX line is an improvement with the softer suspensions and high role surrounds.

The Korean amps I never had an issue with. Ive had a 1200, two 2200s, 3500, 7000, and 120x4. For subs I had 5 HDC3s and an HDS. The HDS went to a stamped steel basket and the coils on the newer HDC3s were pretty crappy. The component set I had from them the surround came unglued in about 6 months.  Really hoping the new HDX line is an improvement with the softer suspensions and high role surrounds.
Ask Boomingrandpa about regluing those surrounds lmao

Most of us knew the HDS line was super cheap from the get go. 

Looks like they're still doing the "break in" ********.   Claiming a woofer needs 24 hours of play before it can handle power is not consistent with what I've seen.  90% of the change in TS parameters can be seen in under half an hour of hard play. 

That said, there's a couple HDC3 and 4 builds up this way that are pretty good.  I still think those lines are worth the money and of course the Korean amps are still Korean amps so theirs are likely as good as anybody else's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.