Sign in to follow this  
Jasper van Oorschot

Is my amp dead?

Hello,

I need some help figuring out why I can’t get any volume out of my sub.

last week I blew up my subwoofer (eton 12-800br 2x2 ohm), something burned and now it’s not moving anymore. So today I bought a new one (esx quatum 1224 2x 4 ohm). It’s working, but i can hardly hear the subwoofer. Almost no volume is coming out, even when i put mij amp to max power, light start to lose brightness but volume is not coming. does anyone have a clue whats going on? 

Amp: audison sr1dk

i already checked wiring but this is all connected well.

How do you have the sub wired? Your previous sub which was dual 2 could be wired at 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Your current sub could be at 2 ohms or 8 ohms. You will get much less power at 8 ohms. 

Are you sure you don't have the polarity of the subwoofer wiring backwards such that one coil is pushing and one coil is pulling?

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

The first one was running at 1 ohm, was doing fine on my opinion but my local supplier told me this maybe was the problem why the sub burned, evem when they say the amp can run on 1 ohm. The new one is running on 2 ohm. So i used the same way of wiring ( serial). All plusses are wired to plusses, minus to minus. So this shouldn’t be the problem.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this