Active or Passive Setup

Greenwing6

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've lurked for a long time and now new truck equals new upgrades and a "what would you do" for those that know alot more than I do...

Would you go active or passive? Here's what I have...(going in a crew cab F250)

Rockford fosgate power 6.5" Front components (100w RMS)

Rockford fosgate punch 6.5 coax for the rear (55w RMS) 

Rockford P3 shallow 10 sub (300w RMS) 

Kenwood Excelon x801-5 amp (50x4@ 4 ohms/ 300x1@ 4 ohms)

Using Pac amp pro for the sony system in 2018 F250 so the option is there to let the rear speakers be powered by the stock amp as fill if going active. Passive would be a super easy install with the PAC harness. What would you do????

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the input! I personally dont care about rear fill and would focus on the front stage, but end up taking longer trips with the family so I need something there. Might just add a small 2 channel for the rears.

id bridge your amp and run the fronts passive off it, and run the coaxials off the deck 
unless you are going to buy a more powerful amp, then bridge it and go passive and run the rears off the factory.  If you get another 4 channel amp, get something with 120+ per channel and run the front stage active.  then run the rears and the sub off your kenwood amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.