Please help 8 channel questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

krayzie4soundz

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone please excuse me as I'm new to all this. My question is how to wire a 8 channel amp with a mono sub amp correctly with RCA's. I have a JL C5 component set up front with JL coaxels in the rear with a 13TW5 sub powered off a Pioneer 8100nex, JL Slash 300/4 and a JL Slash 500/1. Now my question is I want to start running active with a dsp which I'm not sure of brand yet. I was told I need 2 more channels to run active. With that being said my HU only has 3 sets coming out the rear. Was thinking about replacing my 4 channel amp with a 6 or 8 channel amp with a built in dsp. Just not real sure how you can have a total of 7-8 channels off 5-6 channels of RCA's coming off the HU. Any help is greatly appreciated and any suggestions of a good dsp.

Active is really just about your components.  Doing away with the passive crossovers and using 4 ch of the amp instead.  You'd just use the 300/4's 2ch input mode and your HU's front outputs.

You'd only need to use 4 HU outputs if your HU has separate tweeter/woofer crossovers.  Not sure that would be a useful feature anyway.

Then you're left with the rears.  Personally, I'd just use HU power to keep it simple.  If you want to get a small 2 ch to run them that's fine too.  The HU's rear outputs would be available.

Active is really just about your components.  Doing away with the passive crossovers and using 4 ch of the amp instead.  You'd just use the 300/4's 2ch input mode and your HU's front outputs.

You'd only need to use 4 HU outputs if your HU has separate tweeter/woofer crossovers.  Not sure that would be a useful feature anyway.

Then you're left with the rears.  Personally, I'd just use HU power to keep it simple.  If you want to get a small 2 ch to run them that's fine too.  The HU's rear outputs would be available.
So your saying just run my components off my amp and my rear coax's off my HU. Does it make that much of a difference to eliminate the passive crossover and go active? Also can I still use the DSP for my coax's if they are running off the HU? Thanks for your response

I haven't done an active set up.  Many here have/do.  Hopefully you'll hear from some of them soon.  According to most it makes a big difference.  

Yes, you'd have to run the rears with an amp to run through the DSP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.