What brands do people like for subwoofer?

sundown sa is best selling of all time.. i have a fu750 pretty nice and under $200.. depends what budget is, how many u want and how much power u have or will have and if u have the electrical to support that amp

nevermind ported boxes are two complicated
"Two" complicated?  Or too complicated? Either way, it's not any different than a sealed enclosure for the exception of a port/vent and a few more added pieces to the puzzle/box, as well as specified tuning.  Pictured below is a pic of my most recent finished sub enclosure, t-line. It was fairly easy to build, as long as you follow the plans/drawing correctly. And Those of us who have been building boxes a long time will find it easy, but in this case it was several more pieces to assemble vs. a regular ported box.

My brands, Sundown, and DC Audio.

017.jpg

"Two" complicated?  Or too complicated? Either way, it's not any different than a sealed enclosure for the exception of a port/vent and a few more added pieces to the puzzle/box, as well as specified tuning.  Pictured below is a pic of my most recent finished sub enclosure, t-line. It was fairly easy to build, as long as you follow the plans/drawing correctly. And Those of us who have been building boxes a long time will find it easy, but in this case it was several more pieces to assemble vs. a regular ported box.

My brands, Sundown, and DC Audio.

View attachment 2003
I decide I was going to build a ported and got help here.

I see Sundown, SSA, FI, Dayton, DC, CTSounds and ImageDynamics as the most common brands.

As far as box, If you plan to build it, I recommend you post a WTB box design. Should be like 20-30 with a cutout sheet (maybe a few bucks more). All you do is buy wood and follow instructions.

Make sure to KNOW the subs model, amp model and area where box will go.

nevermind ported boxes are two complicated
Only to people who don't know how to make a box.  lol

I've made numerous boxes for others as well as for my own cars.  Once you understand the principle of it, building a ported box is simple.  There are countless ported box "calculators" online to help.  Imagine doing this using equations back in the day without the internet.  That was difficult.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.