Kenwood KDC-BT365U date & time functions

Participant count
  • Participant list

albert001

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have a Kenwood KDC-BT365U recently installed into a 95 ZJ Jeep with a six speaker Infinity Sound system with amplifier.

I have a few questions about.

1. After the time and date is set it shows up correctly on the lower part of the screen.

However when I power off the Kenwood it displays the time ok but the and day of the week is incorrect. e.g.  Today is Friday when turned off the radio displays the time and Wed (Wednesday) when it's actually friday. I doubled checked the date and time settings but when turned off hasn't displayed the correct day of the week.

The date and time is set to sync, which I believe means it's able to sync  with some sort of station that provides  date and time data?

2. The other thing is I've been told that the audio would likely be better if the infinity amp was bypassed. There is an Infinity amp which I believe is 30 amp, an older amp designed to work with Chrysler Infinity Radios. I'm told if I bypass the older infinity amp will likely improve the sound quality.

I did find a Metra 70-6513 Jeep Grand Cherokee 94 - 96 Amplifier Bypass Harness bypass cable which has wire and two plug-ins.

I think all needed to bypass the Infinity amp is remove the two plug ins from the amp and plug them into the plug-ins from Metra 70-6513 Amp Bypass Harness?

I've been told bypassing the amp and using a better quality 40 watt amp from the Kenwood KDC-BT365U will likely improve the sound quality?

I did notice some audio distortion at higher volume levels with the KDC-BT35U connected to the Infinity speakers through the Infinity 30 watt amp. I'm not really certain of the specifications of the Infinity speakers. Appears the two front and rear door speakers  are ~6.5 or 6.75 inch and the smaller speakers on to of the dash are tweeters wired in parallel to the two front door speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.