Build suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Capacitor is worthless.   I'd be a bit skeptical about any prefab box either.  Any chance you could build your own?  Are there any local shows/competitions where you could meet some guys that can build local to you?  A lot of guys will hate on the Kicker sub, but IMO they're decent for what they are and of course the high end Rockford amps have been really solid since pretty much always.

The cap will do nothing for you. Nothing wrong with the rest of the build just overpriced imo. Maybe a sundown 15 and if you want to save some cash on the amp a sounqubed 1200, Skar 1k, sundown 1k, etc.

For some reason the links aren't working but if a sky high or knukoncepts wiring kit is cheaper I'd go with that.

The cap will do nothing for you. Nothing wrong with the rest of the build just overpriced imo. Maybe a sundown 15 and if you want to save some cash on the amp a sounqubed 1200, Skar 1k, sundown 1k, etc.

For some reason the links aren't working but if a sky high or knukoncepts wiring kit is cheaper I'd go with that.
How is the capacitor worthless?

How is the capacitor worthless?
No where near enough capacity to keep up with the high amperage draw. You literally drain the capacitor in milliseconds. It's fine for a system that is only ramping highs and no bass but the big bass draws just drain the capacitor way too fast. After its drained it's just something else for the alt to charge.

Now ultra capacitors are a different story most 6cell banks of those are 500farad not 2 farad

You are much better investing in a large alternator and a decent sized agm placed right next to the amp.

No where near enough capacity to keep up with the high amperage draw. You literally drain the capacitor in milliseconds. It's fine for a system that is only ramping highs and no bass but the big bass draws just drain the capacitor way too fast. After its drained it's just something else for the alt to charge.

Now ultra capacitors are a different story most 6cell banks of those are 500farad not 2 farad

You are much better investing in a large alternator and a decent sized agm placed right next to the amp.
Ok, i will remove the capacitor from my setup. Im trying to keep this setup light and reliable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.