How's Digital Designs doing in 2018?

Participant count
  • Participants list

DirtyDuzit

AZ
I've been seeing less and less about them year after year, sure they might be a bit pricey but I always thought they were close to DC audio in terms of price to performance. I just realized I haven't seen someone install a DD setup online in a long time, maybe all year.

From what I know they still don't sell online at all, I think that might be a huge downfall for them idk about you guys but ALL my car audio purchases are online (except wood and paint)

You think they should adapt and open an online shop?

It seems to me that the caraudio industry as a whole has hit a slump kinda like the mid to late 90s.

Sure there is innovation, and sure audio is still selling, but the newest generation isnt so big into it.

Uptight parents worried about noise tickets, alot of common music is crap right now too

They are still around, doing okay.

They still don't sell online.Probably won't anytime soon. Brick and mortar only. Still plenty of DD builds out there.

World Finals registration would say the industry is doing great. Largest field in a decade.220 vehicles for just MECA alone. I've got 9 competitors in each of my classes this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still around, doing okay.

They still don't sell online.Probably won't anytime soon. Brick and mortar only. Still plenty of DD builds out there.

World Finals registration would say the industry is doing great. Largest field in a decade.220 vehicles for just MECA alone. I've got 9 competitors in each of my classes this year.
220 vehicles out of the over 300million population isnt ab amazing number even if we take 2/3s out as kids and other none auto owners that still leaves 100million just not touching audio.

I have no doubt that the competition scene will continue to grow with social media growing as such but that just means you are connecting bassheads not creating new ones

I hope the industry continues to grow. They are pioneering lithium batteries in everyday use, expanding ultra capacitor use, and further pushing the acoustically engineering aspect. 

220 vehicles out of the over 300million population isnt ab amazing number even if we take 2/3s out as kids and other none auto owners that still leaves 100million just not touching audio.

I have no doubt that the competition scene will continue to grow with social media growing as such but that just means you are connecting bassheads not creating new ones

I hope the industry continues to grow. They are pioneering lithium batteries in everyday use, expanding ultra capacitor use, and further pushing the acoustically engineering aspect. 
Yeah just from my last build I've seen a few awesome little companies die out. Obsidian Audio, and Execution Audio.

I actually got a spool of their 0 gauge when they went out of business think they had then for like $40.

It does seem like even in the last 5 years car audio has fallen off quite a bit more companies leaving then coming and a lot of brands not adding anything new. 

Like FU audio I hope they last I've seen nothing but great reviews and they remind me of obsidian hopefully they'll last.

DD isn't catering to bottom feeders looking for China's race to zero.   You can indeed order direct if you don't have an authorized retailer near you and their stuff is still top notch.  Redline subs are a strong value for "entry level" DD.  Don't think they've done much with their amps but why reinvent the wheel?  Their lineup is proven and there's not any great new technology to help them. 

I enjoy reading the tech talk section on DD's site. There are some good topics covered, they even used one of the questions I asked for their topic of discussion. I'm not aware of other companies that actively reach out to their customer base and encourage technical discussions on their site (excluding vendors on forums or facefuck.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.