Replaced Blown Fuses, Amp Won't Turn On

Participant count
  • Participant list

sbunce5

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I've done a lot of searching but I can't find anything that would tell me why my amp won't turn on after replacing the blown fuses.

I received a new amp and was hooking it up and made the mistake of doing the negative wire first and then the ground. When I touched the ground wire against the terminal, both fuses blew. So I replaced them, hooked up the ground wire first, then the negative, and I can't get any power to the amp. No lights or anything. Any ideas?

So I've done a lot of searching but I can't find anything that would tell me why my amp won't turn on after replacing the blown fuses.

I received a new amp and was hooking it up and made the mistake of doing the negative wire first and then the ground. When I touched the ground wire against the terminal, both fuses blew. So I replaced them, hooked up the ground wire first, then the negative, and I can't get any power to the amp. No lights or anything. Any ideas?
More than likely from my 20+ years of experience.. Sounds like you blew the power supply in that amplifier. You will either need to get it repaired or replace that amplifier with a different one.Replacing the fuses will do nothing for that amp until its repaired

Is there a way to tell that the power supply has been blown for sure? I don't see anything that looks like it's been burnt or any black anywhere.

Is there a way to tell that the power supply has been blown for sure? I don't see anything that looks like it's been burnt or any black anywhere.
You can take it to an Audio shop and have it tested?. You swapped polarity and blown the power supply on the board.Your warranty will be void more than likely after inspection. .

Its Internal on the main board.you will not see it from the outside.Does it smell like rotten Eggs or Baked plastics/burnt?

You can always open it up and view it for yourself.You will not get a warranty replacement on it anyways after they do an inspection on it, and youll waste your money shipping it in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.