DC Audio Lv3

Participant count
  • Participants list

Accord90

Can I get a box build for 2 12 dc audio lv3 in 2.5ft3 net volume tuned at 34 or 35 hertz running off 1600-1800rms. I'm wanting the subs facing the trunk and a aeroport on the back side facing the the seats but centered as it will be aimed or go into the skipass. I have video below of what I mean.

Height 14

Width 30

Depth 18

I’m no box building expert by any means there are guys on here that are way into that but typically the only way you would have a setup like that going to the ski Hole is if you had a bandpass box...even tho it seems to be knocking in the video I’m almost certain it sounds like absolute **** in person 

I wanted to try this kind of box otherwise I will just go sealed and go for more SQL setup. If I go with a ported box and have it tuned to 35 hertz it will play with authority +-7 in taht hertz range? It wouldn't be a nice even sound like sealed?

Gonna give it a try regardless... just to see?

That configuration is something that well... IDK... but maybe someone out there has direct experience with that way.

I looked at it quick and dirty and got around 2.8ft3 net a.d. tuned to 36hz, single ply .75" all around, fully braced with a 5.9" ID round partially external (IDK if a large flare will fit the ski-hole) so you'll need to see whats possible.

I can try to draw something up as I got some time atm, But... is there a depth difference that'll follow the seat rake to possibly gain some volume? As stated 2.5 is small and even tho 2.8 is doable more volume would be better.

Sounds like a project... so if you'd like me to try just message me.

Yeah if you could try to see if that kind of design works. My skipass is 6x5 if that helps. Also going ported will it play with force and not smooth like a sealed enclosure. Am looking for a nice SQL setup that sounds really good and can hit every note but at the same time if I want to turn it up and let it wang hard I want to have to potential to do that

Yeah if you could try to see if that kind of design works. My skipass is 6x5 if that helps. Also going ported will it play with force and not smooth like a sealed enclosure. Am looking for a nice SQL setup that sounds really good and can hit every note but at the same time if I want to turn it up and let it wang hard I want to have to potential to do that
I modeled and drew this up...

shxqEp.jpg

I don't know what you expect but like all enclosures it's a collection of compromises and your available space and configuration/install kinda starts it off on the wrong foot IMO.

That said... this'll be punchy and extend fairly low too. It's not perfect but should do reasonably well IMHO. I'd flare the port entry as much as your comfortable with and fab a plate that sets in the ski-hole where you can flare the exit as well.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this one?.. lol

I modeled and drew this up...

I don't know what you expect but like all enclosures it's a collection of compromises and your available space and configuration/install kinda starts it off on the wrong foot IMO.

That said... this'll be punchy and extend fairly low too. It's not perfect but should do reasonably well IMHO. I'd flare the port entry as much as your comfortable with and fab a plate that sets in the ski-hole where you can flare the exit as well.

Anyone wanna weigh in on this one?.. lol
I don't like the subs being so close to the port, could cause awkward loading. 

IMO what OP wants to do isn't a good idea, I'm not a fan of porting through a ski pass opening, there is nothing to load the port which means lost output. 

I don't like the subs being so close to the port, could cause awkward loading. 

IMO what OP wants to do isn't a good idea, I'm not a fan of porting through a ski pass opening, there is nothing to load the port which means lost output. 
I tried to redirect the "wave" so to speak where it enters the port and kinda cover it from the subs... I agree, it's NOT optimally configured that's for sure, subs playing in trunk port thru ski-pass out of the rear of the enclosure.

The things we see on this forum... I musta' been bored... lol

Probably bandpass 1 12 and sound better anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this design is a no? It wont work as well or sound good as the subs and port facing the same way? What about subs front and port on top of the box going into rear deck. Would that be any better or the same. Back to the drawing board I guess. If I go with a bandpass how big of a box would it be or would it depend on the sub? Any recommendations on a single 12 on 1500watts. Aiming on SQ but still want it  loud. Maybe a single 12 W7?

Also I wanna try ported but keep it flat as possible like a sealed box. Any idea on that.

1990 Honda Accord 4dr EX model. I still need trunk space as I have kids so smallest box I can get would be great. I want more natural sound bass and not forceful

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.