New Silverado Rear middle seat box

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mitchc1113

Heres my new box. It was built by Robert of Cherryman Customs, I couldn't be more pleased with how the project turned out. We spent about 3 weeks really getting all the details ironed out. I measured about 5 different times to make sure I gave him exact measurements down to 1/16th of an inch, me overdoing everything, he actually said it was the most detailed set of measurements hes ever received from a customer, lol. But it turned out perfect! 

I've had it in for about 2 days now and I'm starting to really enjoy the sound, soooo much clearer, cleaner and louder (audibly & physically) than my Sundown SD3 12" which was in a down fire under seat ported box. The new Soundqubed HDS3.1 is impressive and I only have 700 watts on it right now, still stiff as hell but in the next week or so I'm going to take it out, wire it down to 1 ohm and put my Soundqubed S1.1250 in and really start to loosen her up!

But to anyone thinking about getting a box built and I mean a custom top of the line, designed for your sub and vehicle you should def check out www.cherrymancustoms.com Robert can pretty much make any box design idea you have come to life...and the best part is you dont have to choose between aesthetics and performance, he nails them both!

Just have to decide whether I want to finish the box in viynl with stitching to match my interior or to paint it a high gloss finish. Another great thing he does, the box is already prepped for primer. Perfectly sanded/smoothed, was feeling it yesterday and I dont think I'd need to do any prep at all before priming if I went the paint route...

20181007_220240.jpg

20181007_220253.jpg

20181007_220301.jpg

20181007_220311.jpg

20181007_220340.jpg

My 3 year old daughter... lol she actually likes the bass, says it buzzes her, always asks daddy to turn it up, but I have a dsp tune for when shes in the truck, as much as I love that she already likes bass I as a father just cant expose her to that level of sound... but I think shell be a mini bass head, she always hangs out with me while I'm doing my installs and wants to help... just hope she doesn't grow out of it... fingers crossed!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.