My subs play treble and mid range at a low volume

Levi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everybody, 

so I recently purchased 2 10” subs for the trunk of my lancer. They are hooked up to a 1000 watt pioneer amp, at it sounded awesome, but I recently soundproofed the trunk and I took the subs out for it. I was being stupid and I forgot to disconnect the negative power source from the battery when I was hooking everything back up and I blew the fuse on my power chord. I thought it was no big deal and I replaced the fuse and it seemed like everything was normal, but after this my subs were extremely quiet and they also started putting out higher notes. My friend told me that I might have fried my amp, but I checked the fuses and they were fine on the amp, but just to be sure I bought a new amp and hooked it up and nothing changed! Still really quiet. I’m so frustrated guys, I put so much time and work into this and now they don’t work. If anybody has any idea how to help me I would appreciate it so much.

I was hooking everything back up and I blew the fuse on my power chord. 
qcsetDa.jpg

DFscqou.jpg

Just playin'... lol

If you changed amps and it's still doing the same, it's probably further up the signal chain... LOC or HU would be my guess... strange issue that's for sure

Hi everybody, 

so I recently purchased 2 10” subs for the trunk of my lancer. They are hooked up to a 1000 watt pioneer amp, at it sounded awesome, but I recently soundproofed the trunk and I took the subs out for it. I was being stupid and I forgot to disconnect the negative power source from the battery when I was hooking everything back up and I blew the fuse on my power chord. I thought it was no big deal and I replaced the fuse and it seemed like everything was normal, but after this my subs were extremely quiet and they also started putting out higher notes. My friend told me that I might have fried my amp, but I checked the fuses and they were fine on the amp, but just to be sure I bought a new amp and hooked it up and nothing changed! Still really quiet. I’m so frustrated guys, I put so much time and work into this and now they don’t work. If anybody has any idea how to help me I would appreciate it so much.
did u reverse the + and - on the box or amp?.. please try that before buying anything else, amazing how easy that is to do..

did u reverse the + and - on the box or amp?.. please try that before buying anything else, amazing how easy that is to do..
I’m confused man. I made sure that my positive and negative were in the same place.   This is really getting frustrating man. I don’t know how to fix this and I’ve spent so much time working on it with zero progress. Is it possible that I shorted out my sub connection in my mainframe?

I’m confused man. I made sure that my positive and negative were in the same place.   This is really getting frustrating man. I don’t know how to fix this and I’ve spent so much time working on it with zero progress. Is it possible that I shorted out my sub connection in my mainframe?
it coulda messed up anything from amp to sub but if u sure wires on the box are correct pull subs or if u can disconnect 1 sub do that see if 1 of them works.. if they wired together u have to pull one.. only other thing to do is try your amp and or subs in another car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.