Has anyone used these in a car? (Emotiva Big Ego)

Participant count
  • Participants list
+1

e.png

I saw this mentioned somewhere else... https://emotiva.com/collections/personal-audio/products/big-ego

Was thinking of having one mounted behind the dash to get a digital signal from TIDAL over USB converted to optical toslink to go to my JL Vxi Amp

Would bypass stock HU.  already have a volume knob on the amp so that wouldn't be an issue
sorry for the spam new dood, there are a couple "people" on this forum that always say "+1" or something gay like that and the admins wont ban them. tomhang is one of the others that do this. we suspect they are the same person with different login ID's or bots. Anyways, youre not likely going to find anyone on here that uses a D/A converter instead of a headunit. too many potential pitfalls

What are the pitfalls?

Here are potential advantages

1. Digital signal directly to DSP
  2. Maintain all factory esthetics, controls, integrations
  3. Low cost
  4. Convenience of phone app like TIDAL, no additional hardware to download music files to

sorry for the spam new dood, there are a couple "people" on this forum that always say "+1" or something gay like that and the admins wont ban them. tomhang is one of the others that do this. we suspect they are the same person with different login ID's or bots. Anyways, youre not likely going to find anyone on here that uses a D/A converter instead of a headunit. too many potential pitfalls
+1

it should technically be a much cleaner signal than a normal head unit since the DAC is a much higher grade.
yeah, i missed his second post showing the dsp he was looking at and only realized it after he said that he was confused because he was going to go directly into it from the interface

also, +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.