A 2nd 10” under bench or flip up seat and get a 12”

Participant count
  • Participant list

18F150XLT

CarAudio.com Newbie
Thanks everyone in advance for your help! Years ago I had dual 12” woofers in the trunk of my Civic. It was super loud and I enjoyed it. Fast forward 20 years and the civic is long gone. After sharing a vehicle all this time with my wife, I finally got my own car. It’s a 2018 F150 Super Crew (4 doors). I bought an amp and 10” woofer that fits under one of the back seats. My setup is awesome for everyday listening, but I’d like to pump out some more bass when I want to impress my kids or just because.

Number of subs preferred: 1 or 2

Size preferred: 10” or 12”

Buget: $300-$500

Current Power/Amp: Rockford Phosgate R1200-1D - 1,200W 1OHM, 800W 2OHM, 400W 4OHM

Preferred music: Rock, pop, techno

Space available: Depends

Current sub: Kenwood Excelon 10” P-XW1001B 250W in a sealed 12x6x20 box

So to add more bass, I’m thinking option 1 is to add another 10” Excelon under the rear seats. It allows me to still have some room under the rear seats, and doesn’t prevent me from carrying 3 people in the back. The total available space under the rear seat bench is 12x6x55.

Option 2 is to fold up the third seat and put in a 12”. The space available would be 20w x 20d x 32h. If I did this, I would remove the Excelon and only put it back in when I need the third seat, such as for road trips. So basically I would swap out the current Excelon and the 12” depending on needs.

What says the hive? Go for another 10” or go big and do a 12”. Will the 12” give me a lot more sound than another 10”? I lean towards another 10” to not lose a seat, but if I can get significant more bass, I’m tempted to go for the bigger woofer.

Thank you guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.