Wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

smurf0119

CarAudio.com Newbie
Im installing a Pioneer avic x930bt into my 04 tahoe. Ive done installs before however this time im having to use the Axxess gmos-04 interface and this is where im confused. The manual for the stereo says to ground the black wire, however the manual for the interface is saying to just connect the ground wires. I decided to just connect the ground wires as this is how the pervious owner had the old head unit installed. Eerything was working fine for about 10 minutes then my battery went dead. Im assuming i need to ground the stereo wire instead but wanted to get another opinion before i messed with it. If i do need to ground the stereo wire do i just leave the ground wire on the interface capped off or ground that as well? Also, there are 2 ignition switch wires on the interface. Do i connect both of those wires to the ignition switch wire on the stereo? As far as i know all other wires are connected correctly.

Both need to be connected to a ground and both need to be connected to Ignition/switch. Common practice.Without connecting to Ignition/on/off the unit will stay on at all times/thus eventually running your battery down.Its still drawing current (On position)the way you have it wired now.

Both need to be connected to a ground and both need to be connected to Ignition/switch. Common practice.Without connecting to Ignition/on/off the unit will stay on at all times/thus eventually running your battery down.Its still drawing current (On position)the way you have it wired now.
I actually hate it when my car's sound system is not hard wired to the power source. If I wanna run my battery down, I will!

Of course except for PARASITIC POWER no audio equipment not "turned on" should draw any current.

John Kuthe...

I actually hate it when my car's sound system is not hard wired to the power source. If I wanna run my battery down, I will!

Of course except for PARASITIC POWER no audio equipment not "turned on" should draw any current.

John Kuthe...
LOL.. Of course?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.