Options for 2009 Pontiac Vibe Audio

Participant count
  • Participants list

CharlesPDX

CarAudio.com Newbie
Long story short, the aux port in my stock 2009 Pontiac Vibe (Premium w/ Monsoon Sub) does not work. Common problem apparently. I've never found a solution to fixing it so I bought a kit on eBay last week that promised to bring AUX/USB functionality to a 2009 Matrix HU which appeared to be identical with the exception that the Matrix unit has no AUX. Turns out the harnesses are completely different and the CD changer port that this kit uses is absent from the Vibe HU altogether. Ironically I came across a same year Matrix HU at Goodwill for $20, but the harness is still a problem. So I'm back to square one. 

A) Buy a new replacement Vibe HU on eBay (about $80)

B) Buy an aftermarket HU (maybe something with CarPlay/Android Auto) from Crutchfield and use their ReadyHarness kit to do it myself, about $425-$550 total. Currently looking at the Pioneer MVH-1400NEX, Sony XAV-AX1000, and the Sony XAV-AX5000 (thoughts on those choices appreciated). I'm aware that with just about any aftermarket HU install I will likely lose OnStar and SiriusXM, which is not a problem for me.

C) Just get a Bluetooth/FM Transmitter and hope for the best

Anyone familiar with this system and have any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dealing with failures in stock head units and the associated input adapters is a common problem, regardless of make/model.   Replacing with another stock unit is likely to result in the same problem.

Putting an aftermarket head unit in is the preferred solution.  You can spend as much or as little as you want with this option.

The FM input options sound pretty terrible. 

Another option is to open up the factory radio and try to diagnose/repair the AUX input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.