Good value on an agm

Participant count
  • Participant list
Took my new to me b.o.a.t. out (break out another thousand)

Looks like the battery is about at it's end.  Im goingto be putting a 1k system in and need a good replacement.
You may be better off placing two decent AGM batts in for 1k.. at the least a min. of a 34/78

Where do you get B stock decas?
I got mine on ebay, $150 shipped each from a seller called something like batterymom. They aren't always available but check frequently. 

You can get duracell platinum marine group 31s from sams club for about $200 with a 2yr warranty or pay a little extra for a slightly longer warranty- like $250-260 from batteries plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may last you a good hour possibly??Im not a 100%sure on that.It just depends on how well it is charged up before using and how much close to full tilt you run your system.Id recommend looking at a good class D effecient amplifier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEKA-GENUINE-NEW-9AGM95R-AGM-Battery-1050Amp-Cranking-Power-Group-95R/332062908799
Im looking into reinstalling my system in the truck and looking at 6-8 of these.I think that Excide may be another battery to take a look at for marine use/ AGM batteries

This may last you a good hour possibly??Im not a 100%sure on that.It just depends on how well it is charged up before using and how much close to full tilt you run your system.Id recommend looking at a good class D effecient amplifier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEKA-GENUINE-NEW-9AGM95R-AGM-Battery-1050Amp-Cranking-Power-Group-95R/332062908799
That is a cranking battery, not a deep cycle battery. Cranking/starting batteries are designed for short high current bursts, not sustained high current draw and constant recharging. Deep cycle batteries are what you need for running high current electronics. 

That is a cranking battery, not a deep cycle battery. Cranking/starting batteries are designed for short high current bursts, not sustained high current draw and constant recharging. Deep cycle batteries are what you need for running high current electronics. 
Its an AGM battery if you look at it. Cranking amps are over 1k. Most agms may have 750-1k Cranking amps, and 650-800 CCA with a res of 120

I have one these in an 8n tractor for the last 2 years and never had any issues with it thus far.Good battery. It will work in a boat just as well as I have a boat and have used it in it as well all day long.

When I recommend anything on this site, Its due to what I have used myself or do use/run/ install/ installed or have ran. No hear say or look things up to recommend. I recommend of what I have experienced myself to others not from what Ive heard or read

Its an AGM battery if you look at it. Cranking amps are over 1k. Most agms may have 750-1k Cranking amps, and 650-800 CCA with a res of 120
Just because its an agm batt doesnt mean its designed to run high current electronics. Using a starting battery on high current electronics will overheat the battery internally and will significantly shorten its life. There are differences in the internal designs between a deep cycle compared to a starting/cranking battery.

Just because its an agm batt doesnt mean its designed to run high current electronics. Using a starting battery on high current electronics will overheat the battery internally and will significantly shorten its life. There are differences in the internal designs between a deep cycle compared to a starting/cranking battery.
Have you used this battery yourself??Ive never had any issues with it.Over heating?? Never had any issues with it.I recommended a battery Ive used and never had any issues.Sure there are differences in ALL batteries. No design is the same. All manufacturers design batteries differently, just as TVs, vehicles ect.Even a blender. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.