FU Audio FU1500TI-12

gordos420
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
A couple months ago I made a post about buying a new sub. I ended up buying this FU Audio sub and love it. Its being powered by an 1800 watt Audiopipe amp and its just not enough. I can't seem to find anyone else online with this sub and find any topics about them powering them. Every FU sub is rated much lower than they can actually handle. So now I'm looking for a new amp but not sure what I should be looking for. Should I aim for 2000 watts or should I go even higher like 3000?

IDK the quality of the coils but you'll not see too much gain unless you basically double the power IMO, or change to a more different/efficient enclosure somehow with some power gain that's at least notable.

As far as that sub goes power-handling-wise... IDK... but going from 1800 watts to 2000 will be basically inaudible unless it's combined with a drastic enclosure change somehow in my experience.

My 02.

Out of curiosity I'm gonna ask... what enclosure do you have currently? Cause if you step-up in power a bunch you might need to redo it anyways. I looked at what I'd do for port and volume and settled on something like this if I had 3K to throw at it.

siRqoy.jpg

Might find out if those coils are durable with that much power on tap man... I'd be cognizant of coils smelling and turn it down when it does. Hey... I'm just saying... some people just wang away till the sub quits and wonder why... lol

As it shows. I had Buck design a box for me and built it about 3 months ago. I also copied and pasted the wrong model number. Its a 15" not a 12". The box is 3.15 cubes tuned to 33hz. I was looking at some amps yesterday and was thinking about getting the 2500 watt Orion amp or maybe even something that does 3000 watts like the Wolfram amp but I'm still waiting for some more input

Joaquin Mendoza 2017 nissan altima FU 1500 ti 15 ported pvc overall dims.png

I have the Wolfram 3K on my FU Audio 750's 12' subs and these subs impress the Hell out of me. So 1500 should be amazing. It's shocking how well these subs perform and the forms seem to be silent about them. It's insane. It's like people being told and believing that Obama was a good president and Trump is the worst. Should you believe the media or do the research and find out the facts. The media wants to push the million Kicker and other mass produced bull crap that they have investments in. So always search the facts. In the real world environment.  I have seen many systems pushing the 750's way beyond the rating without a problem. The Wolfram Audio amps have been incredible and at great pricing, if you get in the pre-orders you will get the best deal. 

Out of curiosity I'm gonna ask... what enclosure do you have currently? Cause if you step-up in power a bunch you might need to redo it anyways. I looked at what I'd do for port and volume and settled on something like this if I had 3K to throw at it.

Might find out if those coils are durable with that much power on tap man... I'd be cognizant of coils smelling and turn it down when it does. Hey... I'm just saying... some people just wang away till the sub quits and wonder why... lol
youd triple baffle the front? that seems excessive for a single 12 in a slot ported box

Digging up old threads?

Workin' on that post count I see 
not really. just saw a reply from another member from a couple hours ago and didnt look at the dates before the one just a few hours ago. jesus christ man, i swear some people on here are just wounds begging for salt to be thrown at them... someone piss in your cheerios recently?

not really. just saw a reply from another member from a couple hours ago and didnt look at the dates before the one just a few hours ago. jesus christ man, i swear some people on here are just wounds begging for salt to be thrown at them... someone piss in your cheerios recently?
Nah... im good, just noticing a torrent of posts by you lately seems like you average 20+ daily

Hell... you seem the expert on everything else... 3 baffles?

You  ought to know

And when you feel the right to post about someone else and their life issues, being the chaperone/blowhard in this community might be overstepping... nobody speaks for me man

I quote you form the "audiocontrol" thread recently

"@shredder2 has been our box guy as of late, but he has been absent due to some stuff going on in his life."

That did sort of rub me wrong, build your box man and lets see something, and mind your own business

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah... im good, just noticing a torrent of posts by you lately seems like you average 20+ daily

Hell... you seem the expert on everything else... 3 baffles?

You  ought to know

And when you feel the right to post about someone else and their life issues, being the chaperone/blowhard in this community might be overstepping... nobody speaks for me man

I quote you form the "audiocontrol" thread recently

"@shredder2 has been our box guy as of late, but he has been absent due to some stuff going on in his life."

That did sort of rub me wrong, build your box man and lets see something, and mind your own business
okkkaaaayyyyyy. it does seem like it is urine in the cheerios i guess. whatever tho. you want to cry about the amount of posts, go ahead, but bitching like what youre doing right now is exactly why forums like these die. some people just want to watch the world burn, i guess....

also, the vast majority of the people who used to answer questions on here are gone as of late. so its either provide answers or let people come on here and watch their basic inquiries go unanswered. go ahead and look for yourself, there are a great many number of threads that the op has to re-poet on themselves to get it pushed back to the top in hopes of someone who knows the answer to do so.

perfect example shown below. should i find you some more? i stumbled across this just going back into the subwoofer section after posting this, now im editing it to not  "increase my post count"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to the top.jpg

The world is fine imho... at least my corner. Stick to your knitting and post away.

And good luck with your sons box build. 

Be nice to actually see some type of progress... not just hear bout plans, threads bout whatever pops into your head or read inconsequential minuatie.

Oh.... advice is fine,  you feel its your duty or something? But I for one am tired of this channel... the "Youdoofus " show.

Ill lurk and chime-in occasionally but please keep on with the advice... the forum depends on YOU

The world is fine imho... at least my corner. Stick to your knitting and post away.

And good luck with your sons box build. 

Be nice to actually see some type of progress... not just hear bout plans, threads bout whatever pops into your head or read inconsequential minuatie.

Oh.... advice is fine,  you feel its your duty or something? But I for one am tired of this channel... the "Youdoofus " show.

Ill lurk and chime-in occasionally but please keep on with the advice... the forum depends on YOU
bitching..... bitching.... bitching.... more bitching....

and oh yeah.... bitching.......

maybe youve not been into anything more than car audio in your life, but those of use with slightly varied interests have been on many different types of forums over the years and this variety is a dying breed. and yes, forums do die all the time. if you doubt me, go ahead and look at the android forums that arent xda. there used to be tons of them. not so much any more. maybe youre wanting your little sandbox so you can have your pulpit to yourself. and thats all good. so go ahead and ***** some more since youve obviously perfected the craft. The main reason forums die is dickheads living up to their adjectives and making people go elsewhere. 

oh and the sons box is coming along fine. i asked you to bounce the idea i already had off of you. it doesnt take a genius to use some software to plot everything for you and follow T/S parameters, round edges with a router, cut angles and run a drill. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.