Rear speakers not working, help!

Participant count
  • Participants list

GabeDahlinghaus

CarAudio.com Newbie
I installed an aftermarket stereo into a 2007 Honda Accord. It powers on and the front speakers work, but the rear speakers are silent. I’m not sure if it has to do with a factory amplifier or something like that. And I made sure all the connections were correct and secure. Please help!!

I installed an aftermarket stereo into a 2007 Honda Accord. It powers on and the front speakers work, but the rear speakers are silent. I’m not sure if it has to do with a factory amplifier or something like that. And I made sure all the connections were correct and secure. Please help!!
very unlikely a factory amp issue otherwise the fronts wouldnt work either. double check the wiring schematic to find what the RR + and - and LR + and - wires are to connect to the harness. You probably have a couple of them switched up

very unlikely a factory amp issue otherwise the fronts wouldnt work either. double check the wiring schematic to find what the RR + and - and LR + and - wires are to connect to the harness. You probably have a couple of them switched up
I’ll check on it. That’s most likely the issue. Thanks bro.

this is of course assuming that you have a conventional aftermarket head unit hooked up to an adapter molex plug wire harness directly, no external amp or anything like that
All wires are correct; rear speakers still don’t work. I even reconnected the rear speaker wires and no sound. The speakers themselves worked fine right before I installed the after market stereo.

All wires are correct; rear speakers still don’t work. I even reconnected the rear speaker wires and no sound. The speakers themselves worked fine right before I installed the after market stereo.
what about the fade? or even an on/off setting for the rear speakers? can you test them with another speaker like a small home audio speaker?

what about the fade? or even an on/off setting for the rear speakers? can you test them with another speaker like a small home audio speaker?
I set the fade to mostly rear speakers and no sound. I already tested the rear speaker wire outputs with a test speaker and there was sound from the test speaker. 

I set the fade to mostly rear speakers and no sound. I already tested the rear speaker wire outputs with a test speaker and there was sound from the test speaker. 
Pull each speaker in the rear and test with an Ohm meter/DMM and see what the value is.If they are 2 ohm stock speakers they should read around 1.9-2.3 ohms. Same area for a 4 ohm speaker..3.9- 4.3 ohms. If readings are all over the place ,,speakers are no good/ blown

Pull each speaker in the rear and test with an Ohm meter/DMM and see what the value is.If they are 2 ohm stock speakers they should read around 1.9-2.3 ohms. Same area for a 4 ohm speaker..3.9- 4.3 ohms. If readings are all over the place ,,speakers are no good/ blown
Ok, I’ll check back with you once I get the results.

Ok, I’ll check back with you once I get the results.
you can also leave the speakers in the rear deck and test them without speaker wires connected to them

I tested the rear speakers with a multimeter and I didn’t get a reading, does this mean they are dead?

Sounds like an open circuit so yes... if you don't trust the reading use a 9v battery on the speaker leads and if it won't move they're toast. (coil or tinsel leads failed)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.