Questions About Installing Speakers in Car

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joel114

CarAudio.com Recruit
I plan on buying this kit to replace my factory speakers in my 2005 pontiac sunfire (it is pretty much a chevy cavalier). It is a coupe with a woofer and tweeter on each door, and two woofers above the trunk? Would I be able to use my stock radio and wiring for them? Would I need an amp to power them? Do I need anything else besides the kit and maybe some crimps?

You'll want an amp. Technically you could use your stock head unit but they will be severely underpowered and will not sound good at all.
These are the speaker models (6.5+6x9) sort of just newer, what would you recommend for an amp?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would avoid 3 ways as they are mostly garbage unless you get to some real high end ones. For your budget I would recommend using all the money on the front stage.You get a much better return on money spent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.