Looking for tips to improve my sound

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I’ll post pics of the setting options for my amp and HU. I’m just looking for some tips on what to set these to. What should I turn on or off or adjust level to. Any tips will be appreciated.

5CD1B3FA-CB55-49DC-A076-86B27CFBD319.png

BCEC739F-AC49-454F-AF3B-557B87C2BD38.jpeg

DF1B63AE-6A25-42E4-836B-451D3C9E1729.jpeg

Can't help with gain as that is dependant on the amp and headunit. You need to tdo that yourself. 

Subsonic- If you are running a sealed enclosure you can leave off. If ported then you can go a few Hz below tuning I would play with it to see what works best. If tuned to 35 can set at around 30 and go down form there until you notice your sub unloading to much then turn up.

LP Filter- on amp I would turn up to 400 and us the LPF on the headunit.

Bass Eq- Leave at 0

LPF on headunit- I would start at 100 and go down from there set it to where it sounds best. I would do a 12 or 24 slope again pla with it until it sounds best. 

Turning the LP to 400 doesn't defeat the crossover slope though only the crossover point. You need an on/off switch to completely turn it off. Not sure if using two slopes at the same time is good or bad. 

Turning the LP to 400 doesn't defeat the crossover slope though only the crossover point. You need an on/off switch to completely turn it off. Not sure if using two slopes at the same time is good or bad. 
Two crossovers points that are more than an octave apart are acceptable and no harm should be done.  If the LPF was set at 100Hz and 24dB/oct then the signal would be 48dB down at 400Hz and wouldn't be audibly affected by a 400Hz crossover. 

I agree that using the head unit for crossover settings is handy for listening to the effect and picking what you like most.

Two crossovers points that are more than an octave apart are acceptable and no harm should be done.  If the LPF was set at 100Hz and 24dB/oct then the signal would be 48dB down at 400Hz and wouldn't be audibly affected by a 400Hz crossover. 

I agree that using the head unit for crossover settings is handy for listening to the effect and picking what you like most.
RIchard, You should come to Arizona and help me tune this Audison Prima.   

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.