3 EQs which to use?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tim Burdeshaw

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hope someone can help with my new install? I am on a tight budget and I know that two pair of the current speakers are crap and will be replaced later. So far I have $125 invested.

Components :

Pioneer MVH-S600BS

Alpine MVR-F352

Speakers:

VR3 6X9s 3 ways 100 watt

Emerson 4 " 2 ways 70 watt (LOL! I know.)

Planet Audio 12" Dual voice coil 4 ohms 1800 watt Peak. RMS unknown? In a box I built to manufacturers specs 

I am having problems getting everything tuned to where it sounds decent at volume. I have a crossover in the stereo and the crossover on the amp. I was told to use only one of them and not both.because of phase distortion.  I wired the sub parallel @ 2 ohms. I amp using the amp to run the 2 6x9s and sub in a 3 channel  configuration and the 4s in the dash are running off the head unit. My phone has an EQ. My stereo has an EQ. Which one do I use and what do I set the other at? Same for the crossovers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could my phone 3.5 mm jack voltage output have anything to do with it? Should I try loading some tunes on a flash drive and try that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tim Burdeshaw

CarAudio.com Newbie
Tim Burdeshaw
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Tim Burdeshaw