Car alarm question

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have the alarm that came with my Yukon, I think it’s a factory dealer type. I want to add a louder siren. Will be enough?? What siren? And any tips on easy installation? I’m hoping it’s as simple as cutting wires and reattaching the new one. 

I have the alarm that came with my Yukon, I think it’s a factory dealer type. I want to add a louder siren. Will be enough?? What siren? And any tips on easy installation? I’m hoping it’s as simple as cutting wires and reattaching the new one. 
You'll want to figure out what system they have or at least look at the specs on the current siren.  It could just be controlled with a relay but you want to make sure if it's a speaker.  For example, does it work if you direct-wire to 12V or is it a speaker?  There is a difference and you need to know what you're dealing with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.