Component Speakers

Participant count
  • Participants list

IS350

Im trying to decide which door I should go with in the front and rears. I was thinking JL Audio C5s components in the front and JL Audio C3 coaxials in the rear. The other brand I had in mind were the Kenwood XR 1800P components in the front and Kenwood XR 1800 coaxilas in the rear. Anyone have any experience with either of the brands? The Kenwoods are hell of a lot cheaper also.

Car is 2011 Lexus IS 350. Amp is Alpine PDX F4 (100x4). Just piecing everything together slowly. I head the Kendwoods yesterday as they have really good mid-bass and the tweeter is loud and clear. Haven't heard any of the C3 or C5s yet

Im trying to decide which door I should go with in the front and rears. I was thinking JL Audio C5s components in the front and JL Audio C3 coaxials in the rear. The other brand I had in mind were the Kenwood XR 1800P components in the front and Kenwood XR 1800 coaxilas in the rear. Anyone have any experience with either of the brands? The Kenwoods are hell of a lot cheaper also.
I am currently running the XR-1700P components in my front doors. Same speakers, just a hair smaller than the 1800's. They say 80w rms and I set the amp gain for the doors at 1K hz to right at 110w per side and they are crossed over in the head unit at 80hz I think or somewhere there about. I am using the crossover they come with to split the mid and tweet. They are LOUD. I run them 3 - 5 hours a day when I am working at high volumes and they have not complained even once. I believe if I go all out on sound deadening and mounting they would do even better than they already are. I am using the tweeters off axis.

Car is 2011 Lexus IS 350. Amp is Alpine PDX F4 (100x4). Just piecing everything together slowly. I head the Kendwoods yesterday as they have really good mid-bass and the tweeter is loud and clear. Haven't heard any of the C3 or C5s yet
I have two Alpine PDX amps, a PDXV9 100Wx4 + 500W sub and the other Alpine amp in my sig file for two PHD 5.25" dash tweeters with separate tweeters, and it rocks! I have a 12" slim line sub in a birch plywood box under the driver's seat basically. Where the first row Stow-n-Go seating was supposed to be stored. 

Vibrates my rear view nicely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.