Tapping in to a Stock Bose system in a 2017 Mazda CX-5

Participant count
  • Participant list

techman55

CarAudio.com Newbie
I am just adding some low end to a Bose system in my 2017 MazdaCX-5 Grand Touring.  Two questions here:

1). Should I just tap into the Rear speakers for a high level input or the Stock sub wiring or both?

2). Should i continue to utilize the stock sub (it's in the spare tire in the back) once I have connected the new one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok will try that.  What frequencies does that most likely run at? I guess that perhaps the fronts may be better than the rears anyway.  They have larger speakers.

Ok will try that.  What frequencies does that most likely run at? I guess that perhaps the fronts may be better than the rears anyway.  They have larger speakers.
It is common to see a high pass filter on stock speakers when a sub in included.  rear speakers may have a different factory crossover point, each car is different. 

It is more common for the front speaker signal to be more reliable for full range when adding a sub.  You hope the stock sub doesn't have a high pass filter on it either.

The factory sub should just have a low pass filter, but given that many are free air, there may be a high pass or subsonic filter also.  You can test for that in a number of ways, if you're interested and have a selection of tools for measuring voltage or a computer RTA program.

It is common to see a high pass filter on stock speakers when a sub in included.  rear speakers may have a different factory crossover point, each car is different. 

It is more common for the front speaker signal to be more reliable for full range when adding a sub.  You hope the stock sub doesn't have a high pass filter on it either.

The factory sub should just have a low pass filter, but given that many are free air, there may be a high pass or subsonic filter also.  You can test for that in a number of ways, if you're interested and have a selection of tools for measuring voltage or a computer RTA program.
Yes I would like to learn how to measure.  I do have a multimeter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.