Setting up DC inverter For a PS4. Doesn't work when ​​​​​​​the car is running.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IIZEROXII

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a dc inverter more than capable enough of powering the PlayStation 4. it works fine when the car is not running. When I start the car so the battery doesn't go flat the PS4 can't power on.

The PS4 does attempt to power on but only manages a couple seconds. While the green light on the inverter blinks green.

Tried both the supplied cables, cigarette lighter and battery clamps, with the same results. Also tried some of my leftover amp power cables with proper terminals with the same results.

The vehicle is a Chrysler 300c 2013

the inverter is an Energizer 500W: https://www.energizerpower.com/product/en548/

Any idea as to why?

Would a capacitor/stiffening cap help?

What does the manual say a blinking light means?  If the inverter is off when you start the car then turned on for the first time while the car is running, does it work? Starting reduces voltage and causes a dip which may send the inverter into protection mode if the inverter and PS4 are on during the start.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.