I have blown several sets of tweeters and cant figure out why.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bowlinwes300

CarAudio.com Newbie
I need some advise I've had a pair of skar titanium bullet tweeters literally explode, another pair of the same the diaphragm shredded, and then went with a 3.5 component with tweeter and built in bass blocker. I'm hooked to a sax 125.4 at 8ohm so I know I never met the rms power they are rated at. It's not clipping,  I've set gains with a dd1 and only get really loud at shows.  I know about woofers but this mids and highs stuff seems to be winning the war. 

Set up notes. 

Electrical:  1 370 amp mechman alternator, 4 xs power d7500 batteries

Pioneer avh-x490bs head unit

2 sundown audio 7500 strapped at 1 ohm

1 sundown  sax 125.4 v2

2 nsv4 15 d2s enclosure tuned to 30hz 

4 6x9 sundown audio 3 ways

And tweeters that keep blowing.

Mate, if your tweeters keep blowing up, maybe its time you tried out another brand that would fit the same size.   Few potential issues would be:

• Too much power being fed to the component speakers since tweeters are sensitive to power, they will keep failing you;
  • Tweeter wiring could be spliced causing short circuit by coming to contact with Ground / vehicle chassis.
  • potential faulty components/ crossovers, etc;
  • If that happened to me second time, I would definitely turn the amp gains down and check tweeter wiring / check
If it keeps blowing up, then definitely seek alternative brand and trial it for a week to see if the problem persists. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.